Thursday, July 21, 2011

Edison has swag

E.D.I.S.O.N
Everything we did we did as a team
Determined to make a tight friendship
Inspiration to us all as one another
SWAG
Over the top we were just the bomb.!
Natural beauty 



last week i went to NYLC in D.C. my LGM (leader ship group meeting) was called Edison, after Thomas Edison 


Edison forever by Isaiah

So on July 10 at NYLC I met 25 other people that changed me, I wasn't always the cool kid or outgoing but they helped me see how I've grown so much. In room 215 we began a group of strangers, but became a family, still a family S.W.A.G
heres a lil sumthin sumthin 4 my edison fam and anyone else who likes good writing
So we are Edison, Ben's LGM the best group NYLC had to represent
We came together and the Love Given Made strangers into friends
We ran around the city, saw it all and cash we were steady blowin
But all of DC saw our swag was always showin
Smiles were glowin, sweeter than Candyland at game night
From the first sunday to the last monday no one remained the same right?
Never the lame type, as we saw in the variety show
We all had something to contribute so all society could know
Instead of looking for tomorrow we seized the day like Arizona seized Lemon Johnson
And in the end we passed social boundaries like the streets we were always crossin
From Maddie, Jaleel, Nathaniel and Jared to Lauren, Megan, Haley, Camacho & Dannyqua
In room 215 we left the presence of conquerors and smashed every challenged they offered us
We had Kyra, Nick,James, Joleigh, Chris, Emily, SarahGene, Bailey and Mariah
To go home and be the change we were inspired
It took a while but after 2 days it was smooth sailin like us on the Oddyssey
And it was all real cus our constitution was built on honesty
That made us better than model congress honestly
And to the rest of Edison I didnt name, I'm still glad everybody came
Our 9 days in the summer sun I would never trade
The days on bus 4 singing A Thousand Miles
Our Self Worth Achieved Greatness and that made it all worthwhile

i love my Edison family and always will

No comments:

Post a Comment